Friday, May 14, 2010

Los Angeles

So, here I am at the Belamar Hotel in Manhattan Beach, which is pretty much Los Angeles. 6 hours of flight time and quite a bit of stress later, we arrived and headed straight to the USC Kappa Sig house. We had drinks and had dinner and listened to each of the seniors make a toast. It was bitter sweet and it made me realize I need to really and truly enjoy every minute of college I have, because it's already half over. That hurts to say.

Graduation. So my older brother Matt graduated and received his Bachelor of Science Degree for Music Industry. There were about 45 other undergrads receiving the same degree and there was a lot of excitement in the air. Graduation is such a big deal. Family and friends fly in from all over the world. It's an exciting step in a person's life. The completion of 4 years in higher education. I don't know where I'm going with this. But congrats, Matthew!

Weather. It's absolutely perfect here. Sunny and low 70s. I hear it's not so perfect elsewhere....summer starting out with rain and temperatures in the 50s over in Oklahoma? Sucks.

This Summer. I will be visiting quite a few countries this summer, so I will be posting about each place I visit. First, I will be headed to my favorite place: Akumal, Mexico. Where I can pack all of my worries and stress in a box and leave it at home. Upon arriving, I can just smell the relaxation and good memories that I have had there. Thanks to my wonderful boyfriend and his family, I've been fortunate enough to have stayed there 9 times. 9 times!! Akumal is a place of beauty and character. It's not your run-of-the-mill stay in Mexico. It's old Mexico resort feel, the most gorgeous beach ever, clear waters, delicious food, friendly people, and fun things to do. Did I mention i love Akumal?

Anyway, best of luck to anyone who's still taking finals. I wish everyone a happy and worry free summer :) Stay in tune, I will be updating much more frequently

No comments:

Post a Comment